Your Planet Needs You
Your Planet Needs You! gives glimpses into the world of 2050 and explores how we will survive on a changing planet.
The exhibition focuses on some of the most pressing issues facing us today, including global resources, climate change, and our options for a sustainable future.
Comments on the exhibition have included:
- “A great family day out!” – Ben Fogle
- “The Science of Survival gives visitors an insight into the science behind how we may deal with climate change and other environmental challenges that we’ve heard so much about in recent years.” – Chris West, Director, UK Climate Impacts Programme
- “Fantastically innovative … Attention grabbing” – The Guardian
- “Refreshingly upbeat” – Evening Standard
- “Thought-provoking, informative and fun” – Metro
Welcome to 2050
At the start of the exhibition you will meet Buz, Eco, Tek and Dug – your guides from the city of 2050 who have found a way to communicate with you from the future. These four will provide advice on different ways to tackle the challenges ahead and live more sustainably.
The exhibition is divided into sections called Drinking, Eating, Enjoying, Moving, Building and Future City which look at what we need to survive and how changing climate and resources could affect our lives. Amongst other things, you will explore new places to find water for the city of 2050, sit down to eat with other visitors and trade food for dinner, explore shopping in 2050, check out new vehicle technologies in a racing game and even design your own future home.
All the decisions you make along the way are included in the Future City at the end of the exhibition. You will see that we all make different choices based on our different priorities and that these will have major effects on the world of tomorrow.
Changing climate and resource availability mean the way we live will change, but we can make positive choices to affect our futures.
This exhibition was previously known as The Science of Survival and was launched at the Science Museum in London.